The RP Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Midnight in the city [closed - kitten]

2 posters

Go down

Midnight in the city [closed - kitten] Empty Midnight in the city [closed - kitten]

Post by Unhinged Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:55 am

The sun had long fell below the horizon and the lights of the city shined bright against the dark sky. Noises and sounds of all kinds littered the airwaves. In los Angeles, the night life was wild and crazy, as well as dangerous and seedy if you didn't keep your head about you. Lucas spent most of his life growing up in this city, so traveling it late at night was as easy as riding a bike. He was out on the town, trying to unwind after a long night at the coffee house. He worked as a barista part time and as a starving artist the other. Photography mostly, and more and more as time went on it seems like he was going to make it somewhere in the industry. Mostly working with popular internet models and doing weddings on the side. He always has a camera, be it his phone or otherwise.

Lucas made his way to a bar on the corner of the street he lived on, plopped himself down in his usual spot where his usual rum and coke awaited.
Unhinged
Unhinged
Admin

Back to top Go down

Midnight in the city [closed - kitten] Empty Re: Midnight in the city [closed - kitten]

Post by Kitten Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:16 am

He lived in this city for quite a few years now, though it never truly felt as home to him as his time abroad...yet college had ended, and back to the small city came back. He had been hired on as a bus boy when his "worth it" liberal art degree helped him get his dream job...some day. Things had changed a lot since he had left, having shed the gaudy hot-topic phase for something more normal.

Simon was dressed in a pair of loose fitting jeans, a plaid shirt replaced his once 'proud' anarchy t-shirt... even the violet and orange hair had been replaced with a dark brown and nicely groomed mane with a bit of scruff on his pale face.

Seeing Lucas wasn't weird for him, but on his first day out in the world since his travels he doubted his old friend would recognize him after the 180 transition from emo teenager to adjusted "functional" adult.
Kitten
Kitten
Admin

https://rpportal.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Midnight in the city [closed - kitten] Empty Re: Midnight in the city [closed - kitten]

Post by Unhinged Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:54 am

He sipped on his drink, running his hands through his short black hair. Time ticked by the clock and he was just about ready to head home for the night. Lucas waved over the bar tender and paid her for his drink and left a nice tip. With a smile and a wave he put up his grey hood over top of his head, zipping up the stripped jacket about half way and headed out the door. Nights were cold in L.A., despite the hot weather during daylight hours
Unhinged
Unhinged
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:02 am

So he didn't know him anymore...it wasn't that shocking to Simon, really, he had changed over the five years he'd been gone. But that didn't stop him from getting up and saying something before he got out of the door. "Lucas?" He'd call, tossing off his work apron onto the bar. His eyebrow arched a bit as he waited, "Not gonna say hi to your old pal?"
Kitten
Kitten
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unhinged Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:08 am

Before he could fully exit the door, he heard someone say his name. He quickly pivoted on his heels to face who ever was grabbing for his attention, to be met with a familliar face with a less than familliar style. It was his old friend Simon, who apparently toned down his loud presentation of himself making him a bit unrecognizable. But as soon as Lucas got a good look at him hey knew who it was.

"Holy shit, Simon? Hey!" He exclaimed loudly across the room. He made his way toward his friend, giving him the tightest hug possible.
Unhinged
Unhinged
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:09 am

Simon watched his friend's gaze go from looking at a stranger to one of recognition. He'd give a toothy half grin before stepping in to hug the other boy. It really had been quite some time, but they'd always been close before he'd went off to college.

"Hey, sup man?" He'd ask as the hug slowly ended, canting his head off to the side. "Just got back to town... its been, seesh, 5 years now?" He wasn't really sure how long it had been since they last spoke, but seemed more than glad to see the familiar face.
Kitten
Kitten
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unhinged Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:19 pm

"About that, yeah." He said with a chuckle in reply.

"Just been taking photos here and there, making some money doing weddings. It's easy and its nice to see people being happy for once." He said with a tone of disdain. Not for the happy couples, but rather the fact that the world is so full of bad news. It was nice that for once in his life things didn't seem so bleak. Seeing his old friend made things all the better.

"What's new with you? Finally done trekking the European country side?"
Unhinged
Unhinged
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:33 am

Simon smirked a little at the other boy, hands stuffed in his jean pockets. He never knew what to do with his hands, still an awkward teenager...in the body of a man, really. He'd nod at the way Lucas spoke of the weddings, "It really is, honestly."

"Me? I graduated from uni...and took a year off to tour the world...I went to Spain, France, Germany, England... then decided it was time to come back, or well, my wallet did." He'd snort a little.
Kitten
Kitten
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unhinged Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:05 am

"Sounds like you've had an interesting year. It's been the same for me other than my solid carreer. Never expected to not be struggling doing art as a job, so to speak." Lucas said calmly.

"Where did you move to? Got a place to stay and a job?"
Unhinged
Unhinged
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:46 am

"I went to university for art but...I doubt my music career is going to take off. Still, I earned a lot." He'd smirk a bit, shrugging his broad shoulders once.

"I live near by, and work here part time...its not much, but it pays the bills."
Kitten
Kitten
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unhinged Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:57 am

"Well I come here just about every day, so I guess we'll be running into each other a lot. A job is a job." Lucas replied with a chuckle.

"I live a few buildings down In my apartment. Got me a cat and everything."
Unhinged
Unhinged
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:43 am

Simon was still no good at making small talk, the boy awkwardly toying with his plaid shirt. "Likely, I just hope I don't end up beating the shit out of the fuckin' cook..." He mused.

"Seems like we both grew up, huh?" He grinned. "No pets for me yet....yo, wanna walk with me to the bus stop? Not a fan of being on my own after dark. Too many bad news stories about this part of town."

Last edited by Unhinged on Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling error <3)
Kitten
Kitten
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unhinged Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:42 pm

Lucas was just as bad at small talk, even with friends he had known for years. Socially awkward as fuck, never really at ease when talking to people, except for after the first few times they meet.

"Grew up is such a subjective term." He replied with a chuckle, Grinning back at Simon.

"Sure thing. It's dangerous in the city for sure. "
Unhinged
Unhinged
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:10 am

Simon wasn't much better at it, after all, he'd spent most of his youth on his own. He had almost forgotten the proper way to make lasting friendships. He'd try for Lucas though, he liked the boy.

"Meh." He'd smirk to himself as they walked under the street lights, breathing in the smell of car fumes and smog...the air here was far less fresh than the air in Europe. "If the pollution doesn't kill us, the people might. Its a fifty fifty chance."

After a few more blocks they'd arrive at the bus station, and the taller male would speak again. "Yo, wanna just come over and chill awhile? There's a burger joint near my place we could grab some dinner and stuff."
Kitten
Kitten
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unhinged Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:37 am

Lucas smiled nervously. He didn't expect to react the way that he did inside his own mind to what Simon had offered. He too, Liked this guy, unsure of how much he really had. They had a past, and he wanted to make sure they had a future, as friends at the very least. But Lucas was also the type to let his inhibitions go and cave into his desires. Often getting him into loads of trouble. Without thinking too much further, Lucas accepted Simon's Invitation.

"Mmm, A burger sounds pretty damned good right about now. Sure, lets go"
Unhinged
Unhinged
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down